Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wow...how they grow!

I got the privilege of watching my nephew Justin play baseball this last Friday. He is going to be a senior in the fall and it amazes me still to this day. It seems like yesterday that he was just 3 getting his picture taken with me during my senior pictures. He will always be special to me as my sister lived with us when he was born. Since she was going to school and working as a nurse's aid, I got to spend LOTS of time babysitting him. I can't believe he is almost 18, a legal adult!
Justin had a good game, he plays left field and had a couple of really good catches. They played a tough team and lost 0-3, not as bad as they thought it was going to be!

Alexa got to spend time with G'ma and G'pa Voetberg as I had a candle party Sat. during the day. Then Sat night we went to a bridal shower for my cousins fiance. I got to see a lot of my Mom's side of the family. I have a cousin that has a little girl 4 months younger than Alexa. They weigh the same, but Alexa has a little height on her!

They had fun playing together!

Next week will be LOTS of bike riding as Alexa is spending a week with G'ma and G'pa Sedore. Hopefully it will help with my goal of 500 miles! I am also signed up for the pieathlon in Adel on June 23rd! Running, Biking and Pie!! Yep, no swimming, but hey, I get pie! All proceeds are split towards the Cancer centers here in Des Moines and the Livestrong Foundation. Another 30 miles to add that day! Yeah!
I really like the charity rides. Especially if the money is for a good cause like that. I get the good feeling that I am helping out and get some good exercise in the process!

Acts 20:35b“The Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

No comments: