Sunday, July 29, 2007

Slowly back into it....

....took it slow this week as I still wasn't feeling 100%.
Mon, Fri and Sat off from training.

Tues - headed to the Y after Alexa was put to bed. Got in 2.25 miles on the treadmill in 30 min. Would have got more if I didn't pull something in my groin! I wasn't happy as I was feeling really good! After I got done on the treadmill I wanted to do a little more so I sat on the exercise bike for about 15 minutes. Only 6 miles, but it was something!

Wed - Well, I guess I should call this a off night too. Was going to do the Irwin's ride and only got 1.09 miles in as my daughter threw an absolute fit about not wanting to be in her trailer...I was so frustrated!

Thurs - headed to waterworks with the training group. I parked at Gray's Lake and rode over to the meeting place. That was the first 4 miles. We then rode for 40 min around a 1 1/2 mile loop in waterworks. I ended up with 19 miles after heading back to Gray's Lake. I think I could have had more if it wasn't for the gravel patches on our loop. Really hurt my wrist and slowed me way down!

Sun - Rode for about 25 miles towards Waukee on the trail and then back on the trail to Grand. Up the Grand hill and then back home. Had to get a good hill in to work on my climbing legs!

Feeling really good and am going to get fully back into the swing of thing this week. The next week we head to CA for my cousins wedding so we'll see what happens with training then!

No comments: