Friday, July 06, 2007

Training

A training update:

Monday - went out for a 1/2 hour run. I did some jog/walk intervals to help get my stamina up. Increased my jog time with walking between. My shins hate me!!

Tues/Wed - off to enjoy the Holiday. I did take Alexa to the pool, but didn't get much exercise out of it! :)

Thursday - Headed to the Y to coach swimteam. Arrived with enough time to go run on the treadmill. Got about 20 minutes in. 5 minute walk warm-up, 10 min jog, 2 min walk, 3 min jog, finish with a walk. My shins still hate me!
After coaching I had a great swim workout with the Tri group! The total yards was 2050 and I did it all in 45 minutes! I was very proud of myself!

Biking will consist of a 60 mile ride on Sunday for the Ankeny Lions Club cycle for sight.
I hope to start getting some Wed. Irwins rides in pulling Alexa to get some extra weight behind me for extra workout! It's only 10 miles with the slow group, but once I get Alexa behind me, it's a pretty good workout.

No comments: