Sunday, July 15, 2007

Week #2 Training....

Stepped up the training a bit this week. Thought I better get a move on if I'm really going to do this! Mon/Fri - days off

Tuesday - got to the Y about 8:30pm - swam 1200 yds and did a run/walk for 30 min. on the treadmill. I think I got just over 2 miles in.

Wednesday - Did the Irwin's ride pulling Alexa. Only got 10 miles in, but once you figure I was pulling about 50 lbs behind me and I kept it in the big ring for the duration of the ride...not bad!

Thursday - trained with the Tri group at the Y. We started with a 38 min spin class and then headed over to the track at Dowling. I only made it 3/4 mile due to major cramping in my stomach. After a little rest, we headed into the pool and I got a good 1600 yds in!

Saturday - headed over to Urbandale track on my bike, forgot that it's partly tore up, so headed over to Hoover track. Ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/4, repeat, then ran up/down the bleacher steps 6 times. Stamina is starting to get a little better, but it's still not great.

Sunday - headed north from Sycamore access to Casey's in Polk City, had a snickers and headed back. Once I got back to the Dam Hill, I turned around and went back up the hill 2 times. Would have done it a couple more, but was on a time limit. Rode for 22 miles.
All I have to say is the trail SUCKS!!! I think next time I will take roads. Trail was way too bumpy, especially when you already have weak wrists! One reason why I like riding on the road.

Every day felt GREAT! I'm really glad I signed up for this as I've been wanting to work out more and this gives me a good reason to do it. I'm already seeing a difference in how my legs and arms look. Weight is about the same, but I'm OK with that as my clothes are fitting different already. Tuesday I almost stayed home, but forced myself to get to the Y after Alexa was in bed, I'm glad I did!

Mileage update: 366 miles on the bike so far. Wish I could keep track during spin class, I'd add that in too!

1 comment:

Jules said...

You are doing great. I am going to have to get my butt in gear. Keep it up!!!