Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another week down

This week went a little better for training. Not as much as I wanted to do, but I'm OK with what I did.

Wednesday - went on the Irwin's ride while Paula watched Alexa. I got about 25 miles in and pushed myself to stay with the leader of the medium/fast group. I made it almost the whole way with them and then suffered a stomach cramp. Guess I pushed myself a little too hard!

Thursday - It was Kyle's 6:00 week, so I made it to the group training in time to get about a mile run in and then headed to Gray's Lake for a swim with the group.

Saturday - Met Julie G at Gray's lake for a brick workout. We only did the swim and the run as it rained while we were swimming and since we are both very comfortable on the bike we chose to run as we both need that! We practiced run-ins and outs and then swam the buoy line twice. Another Tri newbie was there also. Good Job Mary!

Sunday - Was going to ride my bike to the Walnut Creek Kids Y-Tri for my volunteer opportunities, but woke up to thunderstorms! I drove down and rode the trail to the turn-around and helped the kids on the bike portion. I got a little running in as we had a kid crash and I had to run down the trail to help him. Not a lot of riding, but running in biking shoes is definitely a workout!

This next week will be interesting to see what I get done as I am heading to CA for my cousins wedding! They say the trail down to the beach is a 400 yard hike down the cliff! I'm hoping to be able to head down, run the beach and then run back up! I might even try a little swim in the ocean! We'll see!

No comments: