Saturday, December 01, 2007

A slower December

I mentioned in an earlier post that December was going to slow down.
Well...on Friday Nov 30th I had laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis and hopefully relieve some of the pain I've been experiencing in my lower abdominal region. The doctor found a little endo and some nodules that he removed. So let's hope this helps!

I was diagnosed back in March of 2002 when I developed a cyst on my ovary. I had a lap surgery to remove the cyst and that is when they found the endo. I had another lap in January of 2004 as I had another cyst and Kyle and I wanted to start a family. This spring I started experiencing pain after rigorous exercise. I would also experience pain after eating certain foods. Shooting stabbing pains in the abdominal region. Another symptom of endo.

I've learned a lot the last few months about what foods aggravate endo and in talking to other women online about how much worse the disease really can get. I actually have it pretty easy compared to other women.

I'm recovering well and hope to be back to exercising by January, either walking on a treadmill or sitting on the recumbant. My goal is to do 2 sprint triathlons and actually participate in some bike races this summer of 2008!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I am glad to hear that things went well. You will reach your goal for the year. You surpassed last years goal by a long shot!

Take care!