Saturday, February 02, 2008

BRR

Not too bad today, but factor in wind from going 12-15mph on your bike and it makes it a little chilly!
Yep, today was the annual BRR (bike ride to Rippey) ride. Julie G. picked me up about 8:30 and we headed over to Perry, picked up our packets, geared up and started the ride.

We took it nice and easy, good 13mph pace, not too hard, but still passing people. About halfway to Rippey we turned into the wind...I HATE wind! Slowed to about 10mph and pushed our way into Rippey. Once we got there we had a cookie and some coffee...now I remember why I don't drink straight coffee...YUCK! But it warmed me up a little and I chose decaf as I'm trying to stay away from caffeine as much as possible.

Heading back to Perry was a different story, wind at our backs we sailed along at about 16mph for a few miles. Then we had to make a turn and got a little of a side wind...once again...I HATE wind! Slowed down for a while and then the last turn we got to pick it back up again.

Once back in Perry we went to the Rec Center and enjoyed some good chili and played a couple of games for prizes. I won $5 in Perry bucks...not sure when I'll get back to Perry to use them. Maybe Mom and Dad can have them and stop for sodas on their way through when they visit us! I also won a handmade crocheted hat. Cute, it's tan and maroon. Doesn't offer much for wind protection, but cute to accesorize with.

Kyle, Taylor, Kurt and a few other guys also made the trip today. I think Kurt is hooked! Kyle and Taylor were going to do 2 laps, but only got in about 1 1/2. Once they met Julie and I on our way back they decided to turn around and head back into town with us.

Good day on the bike. I forgot my heart rate monitor so not sure on the logistics of that, but I could feel myself working and my legs got a good workout with the wind and hills!

3 comments:

Webbies said...

Nice Job out There

Twebb

Webbies said...

Great job kicking off Feb accomplishing one of your goals!!! You get a gold star :)

B

Jules said...

Here is what the garmin said. First of all one of these day I will remember to keep it turned on, it will automatically shut off if I am not moving.
I got that we rode 15 miles however I know it was 24+
AVE speed 9 mph
AVE heart rate 105
Max speed 21
Max Heart rate 160
Total Calories with a distance of 15 miles was 1107 so If we take 1107 and divide by miles that is 73.8 calories a mile so take that times 24 = 1771.2 calories used. (dont you just love my logic)

I hope that this helps.