Thursday, April 24, 2008

Goals and Challenges

This new year I set some goals and challenges and have been tracking progress along with my friend Julie; as her goals are along the same lines as mine.

I have officially signed up for the Pigman Sprint Triathlon on June 1st. Now that tax season is over I've stepped up the training a bit and am really getting excited for it!

I got a race report today. It is capped out at 800 participants and they are predicting the water temps to be 65 degrees! YIKES! Good thing I bought a wetsuit on ebay a couple weeks ago.

I bought the wetsuit mainly so Julie and I could start some open water training here soon. I am doing the Hy-Vee Triathlon as part of a team and to swim 1 mile in open water will need a little practicing. She is doing the whole Hy-Vee tri and you can see her training progress on our blog as well. So once May 1st hits we are going to plan some training in the COLD open water!

My first "challenge" will be the PRC duathlon on May 1st. Need to work on my running and I figured this would be a good way to get some practice in.

Check out my progress and feel free to leave any comments/suggestions!!

No comments: