Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Last couple weeks...

...have been pretty unproductive.
Alexa and I were both sick last week, and before that it was just the every day routine of go to work, come home, go to activities, and back home to bed.

Alexa has been in Waterbabies and Tiny Tumblers at the YMCA. We are going to continue with Waterbabies through May, but now that the weather is warmer and she can get outside and run around, we are by-passing the Tiny Tumblers. She's pretty tired at night. I'm hoping we can make through waterbabies too!

Sat. April 12 we attended Zoo Tots at the Blank Park Zoo. Alexa learned about bugs! They did a little craft, read a book, had a snack, and got to see 3 live bugs. Alexa even petted them! A hissing cockroach, a walking stick, and a giant millipede. They were actually pretty cool and yes, I petted them too! I'm not a big fan of bugs, but am trying to get better as I don't want Alexa freaking out every time she sees one. Next Zoo Tots is the 26th and if I remember correctly it is water animals.

This Saturday April 19th, I'm going to brave a bike race! Kyle is hosting a Mt. Bike crit and I have decided to get into the action. Nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time. I think it doesn't matter what I do competitively, I'll feel the same way every time. I always doubt myself, but I just have to go out there and do it!
Thanks to Mindy in advance for watching Alexa so I can race!

1 comment:

Webbies said...

Way to get out there and race! Sounds like you will have wonderful weather :)