Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hy-Vee Triathlon

OK...so I'm supposed to be swimming at Gray's Lake on June 22nd for the Hy-Vee Tri. Well, it is currently closed due to the flooding and we have rain in the forecast for the next 2 days.

I emailed the race director and the Hy-Vee marketing director and asked to have something posted on the website as there are TONS of rumors going around about what is going to happen.
I got the following response:


Julie
When I know then everybody will know. With a changing situation - will not place wrong information on the site until I have correct info. Nobody wants to know what's going on more then me and I'm working with state and city officials to figure this out so please just tell folks to site and pray that the rain stops.
BB

Guess it's going to be awhile before we know if there will be an event!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info, Julie. I've been searching the net for news on the status of the Hy Vee Tri, with minimal success, and have continued to be surprised that HyVee is not doing a better job at providing status updates. At minimun, I would think they would want to get some communication out to folks from outside the area who do not even know that there is an issue.

Webbies said...

They spoke of a new location out in WDM on the news last night and said no swimming for the junior division I believe, but that they are still trying to get a swimming location for the elite athletes. Maybe they have updated the site now...haven't checked it.
Beth

Webbies said...

Dri Tri for non elites is what I am hearing

T