Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cranksgiving

On Saturday, Kyle and I, along with many of our cycling friends participated in Cranksgiving 2008. We had a ton of fun and got many items for the Food Bank of IA.

The main jist of the "race" was that we had to get 12 items at 12 different stores and ride our bikes to get it. We had a balmy 34 degrees and snow! The spirit of giving and for me, just being on my bike again, made the conditions seem like no big deal. Here are some pics Kyle took while out riding.

Julie G. and I on the hunt for an item...

Mike Lebeda...I think he was singing: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!

Cam Kirkpatrick was holding me back so we couldn't leave while his Julie was buying their goods! CHEATER!!! :)
Mike and Jacob Naumann en route to their first store!
It was A LOT of fun and Julie G and I are definitely in for next year! Julie had a good report on our joint blog...check it out!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Cheater...I cry foul!! What a blast.