Sunday, April 15, 2007

A good weekend

This weekend was pretty good.
Friday night we had the annual Swim Team banquet. The kids received their awards, we enjoyed a nice pasta dinner, and watched a cool video of pictures from the season.

Saturday I got another 30 miles on my bike. I met up with Julie Goodman in Newton and we took the Chichaqua trail from Ira to just outside of Bondurant and back. 30 miles was definitely ambitious for me. My legs are a little sore today, but it was worth it! I took Alexa around the neighborhood tonight in her bike trailer. She loved it and I got to spin out my sore legs a little.

Today Kyle went out for a long bike ride and I went to go pick up Alexa after a weekend at G'ma and G'pa Sedore's. They enjoyed having her and it gave Kyle and I a night to ourselves that we hadn't had in a while.

This week starts more swimming time for me. I plan on going to swim laps every Monday and Wednesday night after Alexa goes to bed. Then try and throw Thursday or Tuesday in there every now and then. Tuesday may become waterbabies night for us too. Alexa has been asking to go swim, I think I should let her!

Wish me luck on the swimming and hopefully I can get some biking with Alexa in there too!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Julie,
Take her swimming. Alex Jo loves it we started when she was 18 months. Bubbles are a little hard but she kicks around and has no fear even when she should (like in the 6 foot deep water)
Cassie Krenz

Webbies said...

Bon Jour Sedores! Sounds like the weather has been nice, glad you are both getting in some rides...B & T

Bake said...

Julie - I do need to check in to the water babies class for Kai. We also need to get Kiersten some swimming lessons.

Ryan and family said...

Baker: YMCA program is great; Walnut Creek location is proving a bit crowded and inflexible though... Still, good value.

Unknown said...

Izzy is almost 7 months we've been talking swimming too:)

Good Luck Julie.

Peace