Monday, April 23, 2007

SUNBURN!

AHHH....sunburn....that means warm weather is here and I love it!
Alexa and I rode in the Mayor's ride on Saturday and I fried my arms and the tops of my legs. Alexa's bike trailer did a good job keeping the sun off of her and she is fine. We met up with Julie G and rode the 30 mile ride. Alexa did great for the 3 hours in her trailer and even slept for part of the ride!
The Mayor's ride is to raise funds for improvement of the DM city trail system. Funny thing...only about 3-4 miles of the actual ride was on trails....I think that should show them that we need more trail system in DM! Hopefully more funding will come available for it!

Not much else, we've been busy working and doing our usual running around. Alexa and I also rode Wednesday on the Irwin's night ride. We took the trails out west in Johnston and headed back for about a 10-mile trip. Not much but pulling her gives me a decent workout. Hopefully one of these Wed. we'll be able to get a babysitter and I can go with the medium group, until then it will be me and Alexa on the trails with whoever wants to go!

A couple of weeks back Alexa wanted to try a drink of Daddy's "juice"(mmm...beer). I told her it was icky and here are the pics to prove it! I don't think she'll want to taste anytime soon!

1 comment:

brent said...

wow!!! every time our littlest, emersyn, wants a drink, my wife says no and looks at me like i'm crazy. last summer i had a bottle of fat tire and was inches from getting a mouthful...funny thing is, she'd probably like it. i have a feeling that we are in for it w/ her...great pics!!! great thoughts on your post @ zfam, btw.

brent