Monday, June 25, 2007

Pie....yummy....Pie!

Saturday I headed over to Adel with Julie G for the 1st annual Pieathlon. Run, Bike, and eat pie! We skipped the running part as neither of us was really up for it.
It was a great day for riding, a little cooler and overcast. I do so much better in that type of weather than in the intense sun!
The ride started out pretty good, hit some county roads to make our way over to Linden. On the way there I was impressed that all the vehicles that passed us were hugging the opposite side of the road and didn't cut back in front of us! Kudos to all driving between Adel and Linden on Sat. morning!!
Once we got to Linden we hopped onto the Raccoon River Valley Trail to head back to Adel. That's where the fun really started! A ways down the trail we came upon a tree down over the trail, not a big deal, hop off the bike, climb over, back on and off we go. Then we had to do it again, and again, and again, and....well you get the picture. About 8-10 down trees over the trail. One we came up on, I wasn't sure if we were going to get around it! We found a spot and squeezed our way through...a camera would have been ideal at this point! Of course, both Julie and I forgot to grab a camera!
Once back to Adel we were ready for our pie, we felt we had earned it doing some cyclocross action in with our road riding, on road bikes! Well, I got lucky and they had one piece of Apple left...what I wanted! Julie wasn't so lucky as that was the very last piece.
After eating our pulled pork sandwiches and my apple pie, we donned our swimsuits and took a dip in the pool. 66 degrees out and the water was GREAT! I kind of forgot how to just play in the pool, I couldn't think of anything fun to do. Hopefuly in the next couple of years, Alexa will change that and bring out the fun of the pool again instead of me just swimming laps!

On Triathlon training:
I rode bike a couple of times last week and tried to go for a run/walk with Alexa in the stroller. Going to have to probably go out and run after she is in bed. I hated running with the stoller. You can't get a good stride in and not being able to pump my arms was horrible!
I swam on Monday and got a mile in and then on Thursday I swam with the group and got another mile in. Hopefully this Thursday I'll be able to get out and run with them instead of coaching swim team.

2 comments:

Webbies said...

Good job starting for your tri....can't wait to see your progress!
B

Scott said...

So, are you guys getting out to Colorado again this year? Never did get to ride with ya...