Monday, June 18, 2007

Time to train...

...It's official, I've signed up at the Y to do the Sprint Triathlon! It is to get ready for the Cy-man Tri in Ames on Aug. 26th. The only part I'm really nervous about is the running. I was a sprinter in high school and quit running before due to shin splints...BAD! I'll just have to invest in some really good shoes and hope for the best.


This weekend Kyle's team got 10th in the Hy-Vee triathlon in the Men's team category. Not a great pic, but here he is at the beginning. He even borrowed an aero-helmet...looked pretty funny!


He said it was fun and he had a good ride. He averaged about 25 mph and finished in just over an hour. Thanks to Taylor for letting him borrow his time-trial bike too. It's great to have a friend that's built just the same for bike fit!

A friend of ours, Jane Riessen, also participated and completed the whole event. She has done Tri's before, but this was the first time I got to see her in action! Here she is getting a high five at the finish!



Photo courtesy of www.dmregister.com

Also big congrats to another friend, Kristin Reese. This was her first Triathlon and she finished in just over 3 hours! Great Job!! Seeing the motivation Kristin had and watching her in the race was one of the factors that made me sign up for this sprint Triathlon training. Definitely not the feat she took on, but I thought it would be a good start for me!

I was able to see many other people I knew participate either as an individual or on a team. Great job by all and maybe I'll be with you next year!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Good for you, I will be there cheering you on!