Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy weekend...

Alexa and I headed back to Marcus this past weekend for the Marcus Fair and my 15yr Class Reunion. We had a full weekend and had a lot of fun.

Friday morning I headed out on my bike to Tracee's house. Mom and Alexa followed a little later. They went by with about 6 miles to go. Mom slowed to make sure I was OK and traveled on. I made it out to Tracee's (16.5miles) in just over an hour. Not bad for some good hills and a headwind!

Once at Tracee's we jumped in the truck and headed over to the old place to check out Molly's puppies. 10 lab puppies. 2 female and 8 male. Here are some pics if anyone is interested!! Just let me know!

Alexa holding the runt of the litter. If you are looking for a smaller lab, his paws looked pretty small so I don't think he'll get real big. He was very content to lie on his back. They say if the lie on their back, they will have a good demeanor when they get older!
Yep...still had the cycling clothes on...I had to ride back home yet!

They are 4 weeks and have started on puppy food! They all pile into the bowl and dig around each other for food! It's really cute!! The fat black one on the left is a female an so is the yellow one on the top right.

The yellow female. She was tired from playing! She is going to be a very pretty dog! This is actually the one I want, but we can't have any pets over 25lbs in our townhome! :(
On Friday night and Saturday we headed up to the Fair. They have 3 buildings with exhibits. One with all the food/craft judging. Farm animal judging, and even amusement rides! Alexa decided that she liked the bounce house and Pooh's playhouse the best!

Here she is in the bounce house.

In the balls of Pooh's playhouse. It was a cute little maze. The Carny girl didn't think she would make it through and she made it through like it was nothing at all!

The biggest thing for the fair this year was the Westernaires show. Click on the link to read about it. The horses were kept in a pasture just east of Mom's house. So we had to walk over and see them. I really don't know how many there were, but it was just a beautiful site! The show was awesome and I was amazed at some of the things the kids did!

Alexa and cousin Elizabeth petting one of the many horses that came up to the fence to greet us.

This one is a Mustang. It had a brand, which Mom and I think said: "US Service"A view from the corner of the pasture. The paints were absolutely beautiful!
A great weekend with family and friends! Make sure you check out my class blog for pictures from the reunion.

1 comment:

Webbies said...

Looks like a nice weekend! And the puppies? ADORABLE! I think Alexa is hinting something to her Daddy :)