Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What has been going on...

A few weeks have gone by and we've been a busy family!

After the Hickory Grove Triathlon I had my sight set on completing a good CyMan Tri on Sept. 7th. Well, I got lazy! I didn't train like I should have, more maintained than anything. I had about the same time as HG, but all in all it should have been faster as the bike was shorter. You can read my account here.

On Sat. Sept 6th Alexa headed over to G'ma and Papa Sedore's for a week vacation. She had a lot of fun and I got her room painted while she was gone. It is now Daddy's Little Girl Pink! Basically a little girl pink. She loves it! Her comment last night, after being home since Sat. was..."look at this pretty pink room!" She just can't get over it. I also ordered new valances to go with her pink curtains to break up the pink a little bit. I'll post a picture when I get the new valances up.

Kyle has started Cyclocross practices. He is gearing up for the last race of the season. On Nov 29th and 30th is Jinglecross in IA City. This year the Cat 3 riders are staged with the Cat 2's. Making it a harder race and he wants to do good! So every Tues. night is practice with other training rides in between. Cyclocross is fun to watch. The riders have to go over barriers and run up hills with their bikes. So it's ride, get off and jump over barrier, hop on and ride some more, hop off and run up a hill, back on and ride some more, barriers, etc. I'm excited for this season of racing to start!

Alexa is still enjoying SONshine Preschool and Daycare. Last night we had the family picnic. She had a lot of fun running around with all her friends. The preschool is based at our church and we are very happy with the program. She has been there since May and was excited to go back after her week at G'ma and Papa's. On Sat. she asked, "Mom, do I get to go to preschool tomorrow?" I had to inform her that she only had one more day to wait and she was so excited!

I know there is more as it seems I've been running around like crazy...but I just can't think at the moment! This weekend is a trip to the Omaha zoo...pictures to come!

No comments: