Monday, September 22, 2008

A fun Birthday weekend...

As of Sunday I am now 34 years old...man that's starting to sound old!

My weekend started great. I got off of work about 1:45...as my boss said, "it's the last Friday of summer, no one should have to work today!" I stopped at the store, came home an picked up a little and then went and got Alexa from daycare. That night a few friends stopped by to grill and have some drinks. It was laid back and fun!

Saturday, Alexa and I lounged around in the morning and then got ready to go to Omaha for the night. Once Kyle got off work we headed over, checked into the hotel, and waited for my parents to show up. Once they arrived we headed over to the Old Market to browse and get something to eat. There's a fun little Christmas store that had LOTS of neat stuff, called Tannenbaum's. Definitely check it out if you really like to decorate for Christmas.
We ate a Southwestern American grill called Stokes. It was really good! Service could have been better, but oh well, it's a chance you take going to a new place.

On Sunday we took a trip to the Omaha zoo. Make sure you are ready to walk hills! There are lots of them. The zoo has definitely changed in the last 15 years. Some very cool exhibits and for being there for 6 hours we didn't even see everything! I would recommend it to all! Some of my favorite pictures of the day.

Kyle and Alexa checking out the Tiger.
I LOVE Polar Bears...this guy was walking around and swimming when we went by...very cool!
This gorilla liked Alexa...he crouched down by her and checked her out!
I also think flamingos are really cool. Very pretty!The butterfly house was one of the coolest things we did. Our camera doesn't do so good with still shots...this is one of the better pictures.

No comments: